This is almost as good as the Grilled Vegetables with Balsamic Vinegar that our friend Megan makes. Surprisingly, it is also good the next day reheated in the microwave. This recipe is also from recipezaar.com (Barb Gertz)
* 8 ounces fresh green beans, ends trimmed
* 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 dash salt
* 1 dash pepper
* 2 medium summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
* 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1. In a shallow roasting pan combine beans, onion, and garlic.
2. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Toss mixture until beans are evenly coated.
4. Spread in a single layer.
5. Roast in a 450° oven for 8 minutes.
6. Stir in squash and roast 6 to 8 minutes more or until vegetables are tender and slightly browned.
7. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan bring the balsamic vinegar to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat.
8. Boil gently about 5 minutes or until vinegar is reduced reduced by half (vinegar will thicken slightly).
9. Drizzle the vinegar over roasted vegetables; toss until veggies are evenly coated.
happy new yew
1 month ago