Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Zucchini Problems

So today I realize, OMG I finally have a female zucchini flower & guess what - no male to pollinate it with. Crap! So, I run down to the nearest nursery and was able to find this thing.

Can you believe that it wasn't even discounted? WTF. Anyway, beggars cannot be choosers and since my souvenir yellow squash from Maine are not sending up flowers yet - I really didn't have a choice. The good news is, it did have 2 nice male flowers with pollen in both. Huzzah! Other than that, the garden is looking pretty good, lots of tomato blossoms and I was able to spend some quality "alone" time with the cucumbers. The beans are also looking pretty good as are the beets. Mmmmmm, beets.

I was also very happy to discover that the Eggplant is self pollinating. VG.


Female Flower :-)

No comments: